Snow Leopard Notes & Cautions – Part1
August 29, 2009 1 Comment
My Apple Snow Leopard disk came Friday via Fedex, just as Apple promised.
Upon getting home I started the install process. The quoted time for install was 45 mins, and that was pretty accurate. I did an install over the top of my existing Leopard 10.5.8 installation on my Aluminum iMac 24 Dual 2.8Ghz with 4GB ram. All-in-all the installation went 100% perfect.
Here are some observations so far:
- The default desktop background image of the auroa star field is more purple than Leopard’s
- Quicktime icon is new and cool
- Quicktime video playback is borderless
- Observed a bunch of 64-bit apps in Activity Monitor
- Expose has some improvements, click-hold an app icon in the Dock finds the open window
- iTunes appears unchanged
Application Compatibility Notes:
- VMware Fusion 2.0.5 works fine wih Windows 7 RC1
- Adobe Lightroom 2.4 works fine
- Photomatix Pro 3.1.3 works fine
- Handbrake 0.9.3 works fine
- Firefox 3.5.2 works fine
- Plants vs. Zombies game works fine
- Drobo Dashboard 1.5.1 with firware 1.3.4 works fine
In part Part 2 I will provide more in depth observations.